Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 3 Arizona/Wisconsin






I'm missing 3 football playoff games today in Arizona, if everyone wins, I'll get to watch 3 more next week. And I'm missing Amanda's funeral in Arizona, too. Which reminds me, everything happens for a reason that is bigger than me. And this was one of those things. God knows us, and what we need (which is not necessarily what we want). It's so sad to me when a young mother passes away leaving behind young children and a loving husband. Life is so short for some, I'm sorry for your loss, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm grateful to have this time with my parents, I don't know how much time all of us have left on this earth. It's fun for me to see them in their own home, living their own lives.

Today my dad got up and made us fluffy pancakes from scratch. They were delicious! And my mom shared her fresh peach preserves with us! It was all heavenly! Andrew and Ryon got to watch "Hook". They've been wanting to see that movie for a LONG time. So, they are as happy as can be!

We met up with my cousin Jody at the M at around 2pm. It was so great to see her family, they are a wonderful family! The kids played together happily and we caught up on what's going on in our lives. It was wonderful! We got to see my parents name plaque on the stairs to the top of the M. That was fun! And then we drove over to the Belmont tower and climbed up that real quick. That brought back memories. Once we were done doing 1000 stairs we ate the pecan bars, rice crispy treats, and brownies my mom had made for everyone...yum!
At night we played Rumicube, Andrew caught on quickly, and with a lot of help from Papa he won the game. Our days are passing by quickly.

No comments: