Thursday, July 24, 2008

Visitor's Center

Are Eli and Savanah almost as tall as Nana?
I think so.
Wednesday we tried shopping with all six kids, and it was CRAZY!!!! They were standing on top of the car cart, (Ryon, Andrew, and Zachary were doing it actually- not all the children. Savanah and Eli are getting a bit frustrated with me grouping them together as "the children" - I can't really imagine Savanah standing on a car cart and sliding down the front of it, so that's kind of funny), running into displays, and fun isn't the word I would use to describe this shopping experience. My mother nicely said we made enemies of many old people. I hope not.
BUT then we went to the Arizona Temple grounds and took the kids to see the Reflections of Christ photo exhibit (I don't know what we were thinking after our crazy shopping experience, ...but). They (all of them) quieted right down when we went inside and they were as close to perfectly reverent angels as we ever get. They whispered and walked slowly and gazed at the pictures of their Savior. There was a scripture verse with the pictures that I liked, "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." I was brought to tears by the exhibit, it was so moving! But there was no photography allowed in the exhibit. Here's a link to the sight http://www.reflectionsofchrist.org/. I'm so grateful to know his loving forgiveness myself.

No comments: