Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I hope it only takes 3 days!

This time in our lives reminds me of something (doesn't everything remind ME of something else, of course you already knew that!). When we decided to start our family, each day was agonizing, I was always wondering, "were we expecting yet?" It only took like 3 days (give or take a few days), but those were the longest 3 days of my life up to that point. Today seemed like such a long day! Ryon hasn't found a career/job/income that will work, yet. I am very busy taking care of things around here. Today I folded the 10 loads of laundry I washed yesterday, finished spring cleaning the pool and adding all the necessary chemicals to make it sparkly clean, ran some errands, made dinner (homemade onion rings, BBQ hamburgers, homemade buns, homemade fries and all), read books to little boys, helped 3 kids get out the door to baseball games, cleaned out & organized 3 closets, took care of the chickens, ... and wondered all the while, "What am I supposed to be doing right now that would really be helpful to our situation?" I don't know the answer to that question, but I think I'm getting closer...I hope it only takes 3 days! But I have the haunting feeling it's going to take longer this time around. (Along the way take time to smell the flowers (kids).)

1 comment:

Christy said...

I hope Ryan is on his way to a new job that works. We just passed that trial recently and know some of the blessings that come from faithfully enduring. If there is anything we can do, let us know.
Love,
Christy Anderson