Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day.... Really?

Eli was sorely disappointed with our observance of Labor Day. He felt we worked just as hard, if not harder, than we normally do on a Saturday, mowing the whole lawn with our push mower, redistributing 1200 pounds of wheat, doing 8 loads of laundry, hiking a small mountain... He asked over and over again who Labor Day was for... I read about it's beginnings and well, it really was for construction workers, physical labors, not really house wives and finance guys... Middle class children getting the day off school were definitely not the initiative for the holiday, although for about 18 years I did think that was what the holiday was all about...me.

Tonight we (Savanah & I) go to Yoga again, I LOVE IT! Tonight Savanah is getting her temple recommend so she can do baptisms for a year. It's HFPE tonight and we're learning about gardening and food storage...and tomorrow is solar oven making day at my house, are you interested? You're welcome to come and make a solar oven for your house. The more the merrier.

Saturday's pictures went better than ever! Everyone was smiling...and a few of the poses made me laugh so hard! I'll try to include a few here. I'll have better quality prints in a week or so.

There are more serious ones...but you'll have to wait:).

1 comment:

Princess Gerty said...

Nice Photos. Can't wait to see the rest!