Monday, January 11, 2010

Parental Responsibility

"Do you think there will be another famine?" Yeah... "When?" I don't know about here, but there are famines in other parts of the world right now. Places were children are starving to death, like Ethiopia. "I wish we could go and give them some of our food." Me, too. "I hope I'm a kid when there's a famine here." Why do you say that? "Because if I was a grown up I might not be ready for it. I might not have gotten everything I would need."... Hmmm...
"My goal is to meet President Monson someday." You want to meet President Monson someday? "Yeah, I want to see him in person and shake the prophet's hand." When do you think you'll get to do that. "Do you think I could do it at the next conference? Maybe I could sit in the front row and he'll see me and want to shake my hand" Maybe...

Boy do my kids get me thinking. Their little lives truly rest upon my shoulders some days. My conversation with Andrew told me, 1. He truly believes that I am more prepared than he might ever be. 2. He loves and believes in our modern day prophet of God. 3. He feels safe in our home. 4. He trusts me with his life. 5. I don't feel prepared. 6. I better work on being worthy of his trust.

I think I just grew up a little bit more today. Being a parent is absolutely the greatest gift, EVER!

1 comment:

Princess Gerty said...

I thank God for that greatest gift every night! What a blessing of love and growth!