Friday, December 10, 2010

The Farm Field Trip


Holstein...am I the only one that knows how to say it, but doesn't have a clue how to spell Holstein cow? I got to be a chaperon for the kindergarten farm field trip! It was so fun to sip flavored milk (lime, orange, cherry vanilla, chocolate), eat ice cream sundaes, and smell freshly scraped dung heaps together! Actually, while everyone else complained of "the smell", I enjoyed my odd propensity to not ever smell unless I really want to do it (and this didn't really seem like the right time to turn on those olfactory receptors). Thus, it was a beautiful farm, with 2000 head of dairy cattle with no foul odor...that I could detect:). The best part of the day was the Christmas music blasting through speakers hung high above our heads...and watching Ry pretend to sing "Glory to God...Glory in the highest." with his best ever opera voice/face, while no sound (at all) escaped his lips. I've missed out not chaperoning very much! I'm going to do a lot more of this in the next few years! I had a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Princess Gerty said...

What a cool trip! And, how do you turn your nose on and off?