Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Break Outings

We used to go and do a lot of free community events with our kids...I'm trying to decide if it was because we rented, so we didn't have so many responsibilities at home, or because we didn't have as many kids, or we just were more interested in what was going on in our community. But we've tried to renew our interest this Christmas vacation and we went to a Challenger Space Station Museum Family Night. Where we got to listen to the pilot of a Space Shuttle tell us about his last voyage to the space station. It was really interesting, although, I was a bit surprised when he asked how man of you are interested in outer space...and well, I didn't raise my hand, he said we were all supposed to raise our hands. I guess I just haven't progressed that far, yet. I'm more interested in my backyard right now... Although, he did say the brightest thing in the night sky besides the moon is the space station and that was really interesting to me. He said it's not visible every night, but when it is it's close to sunset or sunrise.


Ryon gave us all a ticket to the Phoenix Suns' opening game. It was quite an event to attend together, we all received free shirts at the door, and even though we were in the nose bleed seats (just one row between us and the ceiling!) we had a lot of fun!

Today we had 15 kids here to play (including mine). I made 4 loaves of banana bread and 48 corn tortillas while they were all running around. I don't know what else I'm supposed to do. They had fun playing flag football, jumping on the trampoline, playing board games, riding rip riders, and swinging in the hammock. They asked me a lot what they were supposed to do...go play, make something up if you have to.



Happy New Year! 2012...it's normally no big deal to me to change into the new year, but this year, it seems like 2012 is in the future somewhere...not just 2 days away!

No comments: