Sunday, September 30, 2012

Swim & Flag Football

 Andrew & Ryon played in their first flag football game on Saturday.  It's really not football as most people know it, although, a football is used to play it.  It's a totally different game than they are used to, but they made the adjustment well.  I enjoyed seeing them fall into their rolls from last year, without the coach even knowing what they played (Andrew quarterback and Ryon center).  Andrew pulled more flags than any other player, and threw to a receiver for their only touch down of the game.  It is a 3rd & 4th grade team, so our boys are on the young end...being in 2nd and 3rd grades, but you wouldn't know it from watching them play.  Besides being in the sun and over 100' F it was a fun game to watch!
Swim season is full swing.  I watched Savanah swim on Wednesday, she did a great job!  I'm so proud of the progress she has made this year!  I am still not used to swim meets.  I can't figure out what anyone's time or place is...  You can't tell by the photos because my camera zooms really well, but most of the swimmers seem to sport the same suit, and same cap, and a nice big bun under her cap...  Good thing Savanah comes to say, "Hi" to us in the stands, then I don't take my eye off of her after that.

No comments: