Wednesday, October 14, 2009

October Break


I always look forward to school vacations!!! Is it possible to be more excited about no school at 34 than at 14? I think it might be! Thanks to Jen and Todd's visit (I know it seems like a long time ago like 2007), but we were able to find 13 tickets to the train park laying around! That was good for 3 carousel rides and 5 train rides:)...plus some football catch and swinging. The kids enjoyed the time out of the house after finishing the chores for the morning.
On Tuesday, Shadow (the kitten in the pictures) ended up in our courtyard. Who knows how, but Savanah and Zach were ready for a new baby. And Shadow fits the bill. He/she (how can you tell if it's a boy or girl cat...they all look like girls to me?) stays outside, eats Garfield's food and is already potty trained. No extra work for mom, except I did de-worm him already, that's no big deal this time around.
The kids have camped in the tent for 4 nights...but they are all getting sick, I didn't think being cold made a person sick? Maybe it's the allergies or flu on the wind? Anyway, I think tonight will be an inside night. But camping has been fun for the kids for October Break, especially since we didn't have an exciting get away this October Break.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Jeanette you're the BEST mom. Looks like you've had LOTS of fun. I can't believe how big the kids are getting. I remember when Andrew was a baby on your hip now he's so big. Miss you!